The Ultimate Music Streaming System
With Acoustic Energy AE1 Powered Loudspeakers
Also Available in Piano Gloss White and Piano Gloss Black
Streaming music player with built-in Wi-Fi®, Apple AirPlay® 2, and Bluetooth® (Black)
Suggested Retail: $2,189.00
Buy It NOW: $2,189.00
Get more from your high-performance audio system
Bluesound NODE streaming music players have been a huge hit with Crutchfield customers, and this latest version is the best one yet. It features upgraded DAC (digital-to-analog converter) circuitry, an HDMI eARC port for connecting your TV, and improved touch-sensitive backlit controls on the top panel.
Connect the NODE's analog or digital outputs to your existing receiver or amplifier to make it part of a multi-room Bluesound wireless system. Play high-resolution music stored on your home network, internet radio stations, or your favorite music streaming service.
A wide variety of music options
The NODE can play just about any digital music you might have in your collection, including high-resolution files up to 32-bit/384kHz. Access the music stored on your computer or a networked hard drive, or tap into internet radio stations and online streaming services like Spotify®, Qobuz, or TIDAL (subscription required for some services). And you can use the NODE to enjoy your SiriusXM subscription.
You can also enjoy downloads from high-res music sites such as HDtracks.
Wired and wireless connectivity
The NODE uses dual-band Wi-Fi to ensure a stable connection to your router and other Bluesound components. You can also make a wired gigabit Ethernet connection.
Built-in two-way aptX™ HD Bluetooth gives you high-quality sound with compatible devices. You can stream audio to the NODE via Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet. And you can stream music from the NODE to compatible wireless Bluetooth high-performance headphones.
Compatible with AirPlay 2
Built-in Apple AirPlay 2 technology lets you stream audio directly from your iPhone®, iPad®, or Mac® computer through your Bluesound system. That includes soundtracks from YouTube® videos and Netflix movies.
You can control the NODE — and your Bluesound multi-room system — right from your smartphone. Simply download the free BluOS app from the Apple® App Store or Google Play. Plus the NODE is compatible with both Amazon Alexa and Google Nest voice controllers. So you can control your NODE just by speaking into your Amazon Echo or Google Home device.
Create a high-resolution multi-room music system
The NODE can be part of a multi-room audio system. You can connect it wirelessly to Bluesound components in other rooms for high-res music throughout your home. It will also show up in your player list if you're using Roon.
- Featured in our article: Best network music players for 2023
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac)
- two-way high-fidelity Bluetooth aptX HD audio coding for more musical detail
- for streaming music to compatible Bluetooth headphones
- for streaming music from smartphone or laptop
- Apple AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant-compatible devices
- works as a Roon player (requires subscription and Roon Core running on your network)
- Roon Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS drive, or other compatible hardware
- top-mounted backlit capacitive touch controls with proximity sensor
- free download from Apple App Store and Google Play
- multi-room expansion with Bluesound/BluOS wireless speakers and components (up to 64 zones)
- set up and customize your BluOS speakers and players
- plays MP3, AAC, WMA, OGG, WMA-L, FLAC, MQA, OPUS, ALAC, WAV, AIFF and MPEG-4 SLS files
- supports up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution
Music streaming options:
- supports Spotify, Deezer, TIDAL, Qobuz, and Amazon Music HD
- supports internet radio stations from TuneIn Radio, iHeart Radio, Calm Radio, and SiriusXM
- HDMI eARC input
- 3.5mm combination analog stereo/mini optical digital input
- Toslink optical to 3.5mm adapter included
- analog RCA stereo audio output (stereo RCA-to-RCA cable included)
- Toslink optical and coaxial digital outputs for connecting to an external DAC
- Ethernet port for a wired connection to a home network (cable included)
- 3.5mm analog input
- RCA mono subwoofer output
- satin matte finish
- powerful ARM® CortexT-A53 quad-core processor
- top-mounted touch controls with presets
- detachable AC power cord
- 8-11/16"W x 1-13/16"H x 5-11/16"D
- weight: 2.4 lbs.
Acoustic Energy AE1 Active Bookshelf Powered Loudspeakers
(High Gloss Walnut)
Also Available in Piano Gloss White and Piano Gloss Black
check out the review! copy and paste link below in your browser
The changing roles of hifi equipment mean that audio systems themselves are changing shape. The increasing number of products with integrated pre-amplifiers mean that many customers are searching for an equally convenient speaker to connect them to. Taking full advantage of Acoustic Energy’s considerable experience in the field of active speakers, the AE1 Active is designed to deliver this convenience without trading performance.
The AE1 Active is a two way standmount speaker with integrated class A/B amplification and fully active filter networks. Featuring Acoustic Energy’s legendary pure piston ceramic aluminium cone technology, the AE1 Active has all the refinement and impact you would expect from the original AE1 housed within a self powered, fully active package. The speakers also feature Acoustic Energy’s proprietary aluminium dome tweeter with our unique WDT waveguide for improved coverage and room integration.
The AE1 Active is equally comfortable in the home or the recording studio. With the added benefit of adjustable bass and treble and a choice of RCA or balanced XLR connections, this speaker blends seamlessly into any listening environment.
● 2×50 watt Linear supply Class A/B amplifiers per speaker
● Active 4th order minimum phase crossover
● Fully analogue architecture
● Adjustable volume control on each speaker
● Proprietary Acoustic Energy aluminium dome tweeter optimised for wide bandwidth and low distortion
● Wide Dispersion Technology (WDT) waveguide for enhanced room integration
● +/- 2dB treble adjustment and +/- 2dB bass cut for precise system integration
Inputs: RCA and balanced XLR input connections
Mains voltage: Switchable 110/240V
Frequency response: 40Hz-25kHz +/-6dB
Safety certification: CE EN55013/20
Grilles: Slim magnetic fit cloth grilles
Dimensions: 300 x 185 x 250mm (HxWxD)
Finishes: Piano Walnut real wood veneer finish
New in factory sealed carton