8.0” 2-Way, In-Wall, Full Range Loudspeaker
The easy to install WS804FL is a full-range In-Wall loudspeaker that incorporates an ultra light Woven Carbon Fiber woofer with a butyl rubber surround and a ceramic aluminum dome Ferrouid cooled tweeter. This tweeter allows for deeper penetration into the room and concentrated sound to the sweet spot. This revolutionary
combination provides superior and more natural sound for both foreground and background applications.
Driver Material: Woven Carbon Fiber
• Without a doubt this is my favorite material. Woven carbon fiber is used in aerospace and Formula 1 race cars. Five years of research through trial and error has resulted in a superior state of the art material.
• Woven carbon fiber has a very low moving mass. The lowest moving mass of any cone material. It also has the highest stiffness of any of the materials available. The ideal driver cone has no moving mass is stiff to allow a perfectly linear, pistonic movement of the driver cone / voice coil assembly.
• The midrange articulation is amazing with this material. Neutral, uncolored midrange. One of toughest challenge in midrange performance is reproduction of a female vocal. You listen to this driver versus other materials and manufactures you can really hear the difference. The woven carbon fiber allows for extremely detailed vocals. There are no "muddy" overtones.
• The other outstanding characteristic is transient response. The speed at which a driver cone can move forward and backwards in a linear fashion. Low moving mass allows for the driver cone to react quickly while the stiffness of the cone allows for a linear motion that won't allow for distortion in the low frequency range. This gets rid of the boomy bass or muddy bass associated with inferior designs. Many manufacturers try to get more bass by using loose and floppy mechanical suspension instead of using high stiffness low mass assemblies.
Tweeter Material: Ceramic Coated Aluminum Dome Tweeter
• We take our 2 series aluminum dome tweeter material and add a sputtered ceramic coating to the dome. The sputtering process is a coating of ceramic at a molecular level. It is not "painted on" or dipped in ceramic. If it were, the coating would be too thick, too heavy and inconsistent.
• Our ceramic coating imparts a stiffness on the center of the dome to prevent high frequency distortion caused by dome deformation at high power levels in high frequencies.
• We make adjustments in the voice coil materials to offset the small additional mass that the ceramic coating adds. This allows for the efficiency of the tweeter to be maintained and the high frequencies to be extended.