About the Yamaha YAS-107
The slim Yamaha YAS-107 sound bar fits under most TVs and delivers serious sound.
Serious bang for your buck
I consider Yamaha's so-called "entry level" sound bars one of the best values in home theater sound. Their latest value-packed bar — the YAS 107— even features DTS Virtual:X. This special technology simulates three-dimensional sound.
This single, compact unit fits right under your screen on your TV stand or mounts on your wall. Don't let the modest price and super-slim design fool you. Yamaha's powerful drivers and special surround processing give you a large, riveting sound experience. Everything sounds bigger and clearer — effects, dialogue, and music, too.
How does DTS Virtual:X work?
Many sound bars simulate Dolby Atmos or DTS:X by bouncing sound off your walls and ceiling. That's not what's happening here. The drivers inside the YAS-107 sound bar are slightly angled, but they're placed more or less where you'd expect to find them in two-channel bar. There are no upward-firing drivers. Instead, DTS Virtual:X almost completely relies on digital sound processing.
DTS uses what they call "spatial audio techniques" to — my word here — "trick" you into thinking you're hearing sound all around you. Incredibly sophisticated audio delays and adjustments create a larger, wider soundstage. That includes overhead atmospheric effects like leaves rustling on a tall tree or birds chirping above.
Binge-watch with better sound
The YAS-107 includes Dolby® and DTS® decoding as well as Yamaha's digital surround processing. Built-in amplifiers power six drivers for rich, full-range sound, with plenty of high-frequency detail. From soft footfalls to jarring collisions, the slim bar adds visceral realism to your favorite movies and shows all by itself.
Bu if you crave even more bass impact, there's a dedicated output for adding an optional powered subwoofer.
Bluetooth lets you play tunes wirelessly
Yamaha didn't forget the music — after all, it's how the company made their name. The YAS-107 has built-in Bluetooth so you can play music wirelessly from your phone or tablet. Special processing cleans up compressed audio files, so all your tunes will sound full and detailed.
Easy hookup and operation
Both HDMI connections are 4K compatible, with full HDCP 2.2 capability — so it will work with 4K TVs with high dynamic range (HDR). You can also use the included optical digital cable to connect the sound bar to your TV. Use your existing TV remote to control power and volume commands, use the included remote, or download the free Yamaha Home Theater Controller app. This turns your Apple® or Android™ device into a Bluetooth remote.
- ultra-slim design sits on your TV stand or mounts on your wall
- two-channel sound bar with simulated surround sound
- two 1" balanced dome tweeters
- two 2-1/8" midrange drivers
- two 3" cone subwoofers
- built-in amplifiers: 30 watts x 2 for front L/R drivers, 60 watts for bass drivers
- built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers
- Yamaha's Compressed Music Enhancer helps improve sound of lower-resolution files
- DTS Virtual:X digital sound processing (available with firmware update)
- emulates object-based surround sound like DTS:X and Dolby Atmos
- simulated surround and height-channel speakers create a spacious, lively soundstage
- Dolby® Digital and DTS decoding
- Yamaha's Virtual Surround Processor produces an immersive listening experience
- 5 listening modes: Music, Movie, TV Program, Sports, and Game
- Clear Voice™ processing makes dialogue easier to hear
Connections and Dimensions:
- 1 HDMI input
- HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to 4K video sources
- support 4K video with high dynamic range (HDR) and HDMI-CEC
- 1 HDMI output with Audio Return Channel (ARC)
- 1 optical digital audio input (cable included)
- 1 stereo minijack audio input
- subwoofer output
- keyhole slots for wall-mounting (hardware not included)
- remote control
- free Yamaha Home Theater Controller app for Apple and Android lets you control the bar via Bluetooth with your smartphone
- 35"W x 2-1/8"H x 5-1/8"D
- weight: 7.5 lbs.